Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
Axiom Millwrighting & Fabrication Inc.*is a market leading industrial contractor in search of an Accounts Receivable Clerk* for immediate full-time employment. Our core focus is to be a leader in the food and beverage and manufacturing construction industry.
Job Purpose: Supports company operations by performing general accounts receivables duties such as posting and verifying payments and resolving discrepancies. The successful candidate will take initiative and have a high attention to detail with hands-on Accounts Receivable experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing accounts receivables and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’
- Maintain up-to-date billing system
- Generate and send out invoices
- Follow-up on, collect and allocate payments
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Preparing bills receivable, invoices and bank deposits
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Resolve collection issues by making payment arrangements by telephone or email to debtor to ensure the collection of overdue or delinquent accounts is received
- Post incoming payments, cheques, EFT, wire transfers and reconcile payments to customer accounts in AR
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to billing records
- College diploma or university degree in accounting
- Proven working experience of 1 -3 years in an accounts receivables role
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills including VLookUps, Macros, etc.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with Jonas Construction software is an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a current resume by applying online.
While we appreciate all applicants, only those qualified for an interview will be contacted.