Additions, Options and Benefits for Sanitary Food and Beverage Conveyors
Chain Removal Section
Axiom offers several options for washdown and food related applications, however the chain removal is a maintenance staff’s best friend. This option allows the chain to be easily removed and replaced quickly decreasing downtime. Many end users choose to have a spare chain for when they remove one, they can replace it right away while cleaning the other.
Belt Tension Removal
Axiom various designs to remove belt tension to allow for easier and more complete sanitation. Belt lifters can be added to effectively tent the belt above the wear surface in multiple positions for more efficient sanitation.
316L Stainless-Steel Frame and Components
Most stainless steel Axiom uses during manufacturing is Grade 304. It offers the standard corrosion resistance, formability, strength, and easy maintenance for which stainless is known.
While 316 comes in second in terms of quantities sold, it offers a superior corrosion resistance to chlorides and acids. This makes it popular for a wide range of environments—including:
- Medical and Pharmaceutical equipment
- Food processing, environments with increased exposure to alkalis and acids for sanitation
- Areas with high salt levels (brine tanks, CIP tanks, and locations surrounding)
These increased resistances will allow your sanitation department to clean equipment more often using stronger cleansers and detergents with little worry of damage or corrosion of the steel. This makes 316 an ideal upgrade for environments with strict hygiene and cleanliness standards.
Application Specific Stainless-Steel Legs and Supports/NGI Feet
Our one piece stainless-steel formed supports are an excellent choice for high washdown facilities. Its open face with virtually zero horizontal surfaces that reduce water and dirt build fosters a great
We can offer many options for stainless-steel leveling feet from plastic swivel base with threaded stem to stainless steel anti vibration with no exposed threads.
Sanitary Wash Down Standards – all standards are guidelines Axiom uses as a base design, application specific details can be used in place of all typical details if required.
Typical Bakery or Wipe Down Standards
- Suitable for Wipe down and damp food packaging and semi-sanitary environments.
- Minimal horizontal surfaces
- All material to be AISI 304 SS. Sheet steel to have 2B finish, all plate steel to have mill finish. Steel will be cleaned E-Nox to remove grease prints and lettering.
- All welds will be continuous or stitch welded and fully sealed. All welds will be cleaned using Nitric Acid Passivation to maximize the corrosion resistance of the weld.
- All conveyors will include thermoplastic leveling feet allowing +/-2 in. of adjustment with Stainless Steel threaded stem.
- All wear strips to be bolted standard Valu-Guide.
- All fasteners and hardware to be stainless steel.
- SEW or Equivalent to be shaft mount painted. Stainless Steel gearmotors available as an option.
- Return rollers to be 9” OD plastic tube rollers, 7/16” hex spring or similar style.
Typical Protein, RTE, Sanitary Wash Down details.
- Conveyors to be fabricated using hygienic and sanitary fabrication techniques.
- Typical details are full washdown using design methods to enhance sanitation. Standard features include:
- Minimal horizontal surfaces
- No tubing will be used in construction - all frame, leg, and miscellaneous components are manufactured from solid profiles or sheet material.
- All material to be AISI 304 SS. Sheet steel to have 2B finish, all plate steel to have mill finish. Steel will be cleaned E-Nox to remove grease prints and lettering. NO 4 polished finished as an option.
- All welds will be continuous and fully sealed. All welds will be cleaned using Nitric Acid Passivation to maximize the corrosion resistance of the weld.
- Where possible all corners will be notched to aid with drainage.
- Access ports/holes for cleaning will be included in the frame and conform to all required safety standards
- All conveyors will include Stainless Steel (thread and base pad) leveling feet allowing +/-2 in. of adjustment with option for sanitary thread cap.
- Movable conveyors will include locating pin and anchor with adjustable threaded footpads to allow for leveling.
- Intersecting conveyors to have a drip pan extending 12” on either side of lower conveyor when suitable or requested.
- In areas that motors are above product surfaces, a drip pan will be provided.
- CIP spray bars are optionsl.
- All wear strips and support beds will be removable and fabricated from UHMW plastic.
- Optional flip up section with belt tension release