Job Description: AMHS Junior Project Manager
Reports directly to: AMHS Program Manager
Employment type: Full-time permanent, 40 hours weekly, flexible between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m
Location: Various – Cambridge, Calgary and Montreal
• $85,000 – $125,000 per year. Will be based on experience.
• Performance-Based Bonus
North America-based Axiom Material Handling Solutions is seeking a Junior Project Manager to join their team. The Junior Project Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing operations related to ongoing projects in the company.
Job Purpose: The Project Manager is the 1st management level on AMHS projects and has a further role as a coordinating manager and client interface. The Project Manager has the following specific areas of responsibility:
Duties & Responsibilities
- issues, risks, mitigation plans, dependencies, financial status, and needs/requests from the sponsors.
- Conduct and capture regular meetings with stakeholders, partners, resources, and vendors that are responsible for delivering parts of the project and follow up with action items from the meetings.
- Maintain, recognize, address, and resolve discernable behaviour to ensure morale and productivity exceed Customer and Axiom policies and procedures.
- The Project Manager must provide leadership that results in a safe work culture and is responsible and accountable for the safety of the crew under their direction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the workplace health and safety legislation where they are operating.
- Managing the project, including quality and production work; ensuring that team members work to job specifications and follow the plans.
- Review test plans to ensure completeness, accuracy, and alignment with required specifications and design.
- Ensuring that team members from the Site Supervisor to Lead Hands understand the quality standards.
- Raise concerns to the project Supervisor and/or Program Manager, and/or address any concerns diplomatically with the Customer.
- Reviewing the Site Supervisor’s inspections and documentation of completed work.
- Report to the AMHS Program Manager (PgM) on the project status, financials, schedule, risks, and issues.
- Creating and Managing the Project Schedule (GANTT, Milestone, etc.) ensuring changes are documented and scheduled using a change control process.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for negotiation and presentations, team management, organization, and risk management.
- Project Management designation (PMP, GSC, Prince2, CPMP, etc.) is an asset
- 1-2 years of Construction/Mechanical Project Management experience or on projects over $5+ Million.
- Ability to create and manage the project schedule.
- Working knowledge of CAD, BIM, Microsoft Project, Microsoft PowerBI, and other software.