Job Description: AMHS Millwright
Reports directly to: AMHS Site Supervisor/ Foremen
Employment type: Full-time permanent, 40 hours weekly, flexible between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m
Location: Various – Cambridge, Calgary and Montreal, British Columbia
Compensation Range: $40.00-$47.00
AMHS is currently looking for Red Seal Millwrights; This role is a full-time permanent position.
A key participant in the relationship with the company, and other contractors on site; the Millwright has a further role as ensuring the quality of the parts and materials they are using to install.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand the Scope of Work in collaboration with the AMHS Site Supervisor and AMHS Foremen as passed down by the AMHS Project Manager.
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Perform routine maintenance work on all machinery
- Identify and troubleshoot machine irregularities and breakdowns
- Repair or replace defective machine parts and equipment.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Install, align, and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to plan layouts
- Perform preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment
- Work on team-oriented, high-paced projects at various customer sites
- Recognize, address, and resolve issues/problems between assigned team members.
- Maintain work standards and behavioural expectations set by the AMHS Site Supervisor to ensure that other team member’s morale and productivity meet standards.
- Apply the principles of workplace respect on site.
- Ensure assigned tasks are performed in compliance with Customer and Axiom policies and procedures.
- Participating in safety and hazard investigations.
- Periodically reassessing daily goals to meet forecasted production