Employment type: Full-time
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Compensation Range: $90, 000 – $110, 000 / year
Job Purpose: Axiom Industrial Solutions Inc. is a market-leading industrial contractor in search for a Mechanical Project Manager for immediate full-time employment. Our core focus at Axiom is to be a leader in the food and beverage, industrial, contracting, and manufacturing construction industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour, equipment, and subcontracts for construction projects based on supplied contract documents, SOW, schematic drawings, and specifications
- Manage and co-ordinate construction projects, and prepare construction progress schedules
- Maintain regular contact with appropriate Department Managers and colleagues as required to ensure a coordinated approach to project management and customer support
- Attend job walks and meet crews on site as required to ensure efficient project start-ups as required.
- Gather all necessary project information to generate detailed estimates and quotations for work to be performed.
- Work with assigned customers to address current maintenance and project requirements as well as anticipate future work.
- Assist in obtaining new customers.
- Work with suppliers and vendors to ensure competitive pricing and maintain profitability.
- Communicate and maintain a cooperative working relationship with all Axiom staff and customers including problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Respond to all customer breakdowns and manpower requests.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in Mechanical Project Management in Multigrades – Piping, Millwrighting and Fabrication
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in Construction Estimating
- Must have the PMP certification
- Must have a Class 5 driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be able to travel 5 – 10%
- Must be able to demonstrate interpersonal, communication, and effective team skills.