Job Description: Metal Fabricator/Fitter
Reports directly to: Fabrication Supervisor/Manager
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Compensation Range: $30.00-$36.00/hr
Job Purpose: We are looking for a Metal Fabricator/Fitter to build high-quality Stainless, Aluminum and Carbon Steel metal components for our clients. As a Metal Fabricator/Fitter, you will be responsible for reading and interpreting engineering blueprints, fabricating metal components or structures, and performing quality checks on finished products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reading and Interpreting Engineering Drawings.
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Layout, position, align, and secure parts/profiles and assemblies.
- Use of straight edges, combination squares, calipers, measuring tools, and rules.
- Set up and operate metal work machinery including rollers, drill presses, breaks, shears, hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of set-up and operation of manual and semi-automatic welding machines, processes including GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW.
- Metal finishing of completed weldments.
- Performing dimension, orientation, and quality checks, completing internal quality control documentation as needed.
- Use and maintenance of material handling and safety equipment.
- Conforming with company guidelines and safety regulations.
- Metal Fabricator (Fitter) Journeyman 437A would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design, drawings, and manufacturing procedures
- CWB Certification and advanced welding experience
- Able to work under little supervision
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to demonstrate safe working practices and procedures.