Job Description: Millwright Foreman
Reports directly to: Millwright Manager/Supervisor
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Compensation Range: Upto $52/hr
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the Scope of Work in collaboration with the Estimating group or Project Coordination Group
- Recognizing, addressing, and resolving issues/problems between assigned Millwrights.
- Maintaining work standards and outlining behavioral expectations to ensure that the Millwrights’ morale and productivity exceed these standards
- Knowing, understanding, communicating, and ensuring compliance with the IHSA and company safety policies and procedures.
- Facilitate mandatory safety toolbox meetings and ensuring completion of initial safety and hazard assessments.
- Participating in safety/hazard investigations.
- Translating general work requirements into a prioritized work plan for the Millwrights
- Working with the Millwrights to overcome work environment challenges.
- Periodically reassess daily goals to meet forecasted production.
- Promoting, supporting, and facilitating teamwork and harmony between all Millwrights by fostering a positive, visible teamwork attitude among all Millwrights and employees.
- Overseeing the execution of the work, including quality and production, ensuring that the Millwright works to job specifications and follows the plans.
- Maintaining site foreman’s log and site reports.
- Preparation of daily production records and completing MTO quality reports
- Reporting on work progress.
- Worker violation reports.
- Recommending personnel actions such as hiring, releasing promotions, and discipline.
- Must have Journeyman’s Millwright license
- Has 3 – 5 years of experience as a qualified and competent tradesperson.
- Welding & fabrication experience will be an asset; Stainless steel TIG or CWB Stick
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Occupational health & safety and environmental issues, Employment standards, WSIB, and company policies
- Has a valid and clean driver’s license
- A good work ethic and a team player
- Willingness to travel across Canada is an asset
- Ability to travel to different job sites across Alberta